Tuesday, August 2, 2011

All that You Are

I've been doing a lot of mid day walking recently. I've had a song on constant repeat, and it has been helping me prepare for the week ahead. I figured I would share...
& I feel,
all the faint morning light,
filled with hope 'cause You're here in my life,
& we've gone,
from the edge of our souls,
made it back to a place we call home.

You, pull me through,
When I'm alone in the dark and the fear was my truth.

I feel wrong,
I'm so human & flawed,
I break down even though I'm still strong,
& time, will make fools of us all,
builds us up, & then laughs when we fall.

You're the sound of redemption,
The faith that I've lost,
The answers I'm seeking no matter the cost,
You opened the window,
now I can see,
& You taught me forgiveness by giving Your love back to me.

Yeah, all the things that You are,
Beautifully broken, Alive in my heart,
& know that You are everything,
Let your hearts sing & tonight, we light up the stars,
all that You are.
Oh I feel,
All the faint morning light,
Filled with hope 'cause You're here in my life...

All that You Are. The Goo Goo Dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment