Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Always

These are the scars deep in your heart
This is the place you were born
This is the hole where most of your soul comes ripping out
From the places you've been torn...


Today I felt as though I could feel the weightiness of those around me. There is something undeniable, tucked within the haziness of these summer days. I feel as though instead of hope rising, the only thing that is, is the heat. I feel tension and brokenness. I feel fatigue and uncertainty. I feel as though some of the strongest spirits are being quenched in this stifling season & the flux in the weather demonstrates the weathering within our own hearts. At least that's what I've perceived around me.
Don't get me wrong. There is undeniable joy. There is laughter. There are late night conversations of all that God is and what we are not. There are books filled with words of life and inspiration. There are plans. Exciting trips. There is adventure. There is hope.

Tonight, However, I wanted to speak to the hearts of those who are hurting. To those who see the future as a large undertaking. Who feel a little aimless. Who aren't impressed with themselves. Or are maybe too impressed with themselves. To those who are tired. To those who are putting the pieces of their lives back together...

You, sweet friend and cherished. Adored. Created for a purpose. There is so much more to you than your circumstances. Things are going to change. Life will keep moving. You just have to decide to move with it.
Can God be enough for us tonight? Can we simply stop and realize that He is greater than our greatest adversity? To not let the words of that humble truth just simply wash over us, but to drink them in, and be ignited in our bones. Can we stop peering into the lives of those around us, believing misconstrued perceptions and instead, start catching glimpses of Heaven, perhaps even scratching the surface of our Great Creator. He has surrounded us with reminders of Himself. He is endlessly reaching out to us. Relentlessly pursuing our affections. He can heal Your heart. He can set you free. He can make you new. He can redirect your steps.

I sat in wonder the other night of just how big God really is... & stood utterly baffled by just how small I really am.

I just want to be in thanksgiving tonight.
I want to revel in the incredible mystery of the Lord.
And rest in the truth that He sought us out tonight, each, individually.


Hallelujah, I'm caving in
                     Hallelujah, I'm in love again
                  Hallelujah, I'm a wretched man
            Hallelujah, every breath is a second chance


I am grateful for my beating heart.
I am ready for all that He has before me.
Let everything else fall away from you tonight.

Place your hand over your chest. Breathe deep. & live. 



And I am always yours

No comments:

Post a Comment