Monday, February 14, 2011

If God made you... then He's in love with me...

Valentines Day. Perhaps one of the most interesting of holidays. I find it fascinating when people even discuss Valentines Day. Of course its real cute, and always fun to be thought of; receive unnecessary chocolates (the last thing I need) flowers that will last about a week, sentimental cards that you'll lose, all based around a day, that I feel was invented solely by the greeting card companies. Am I the worst? Possibly. However.... I think my greatest frustration is that I feel that these acts of kindness should not occur simply because a day is reminding us to do so. I think it's far more exciting to receive cards, or flowers, or gifts without a nudge. Simply because that person was thinking of you on an ordinary day... Their gifts were an act of spontaneity. The fact that its random act of kindness is what I find to be the most impacting...and lasting...

Despite my attitudes towards this day, I will embrace the overarching message... and that is a day to remember love. Love is a many splendid thing, they say. I must admit, I am still learning the true nature of its meaning. Love I feel goes beyond a feeling.. or an infatuation... or a desire to remain in the presence of another... love is so much more than that... It took me a long time to learn this...

I must admit... growing up I dated a lot of guys... in fact... there hasn't really been a time in my life I can remember being single for long. I think the longest was 7 months between relationships?  Now, that should indicate to you very quickly that there was something missing in my heart (coughs, a relationship with Jesus, cough) and I am certain I spent much time searching for something, a feeling or emotion that would satisfy that gaping hole in my chest.

After many failed attempts at relationships and feeling rather bitter towards love, marriage, the whole shabang... I met a person who most days, I am convinced, God made for me. The timing was almost too interesting as well, because literally, right after I reconnected with Christ, and proclaimed Him as the True and Only lover for my soul... I met the person that I think could be that very earthly thing, that I had been searching for. Once I realized that no human being could ever suffice the love my Savior possessed for me, and truly believed it... Dave shows up, ha. It's kinda funny how God works... I'm not sure if David is "The one." I mean, we need to think realistically sometimes, that there are so many people in the world, so many people that we haven't even met yet..who knows. But I must admit... David's love for God, his heart for worship, his friends & family... and what he does for me on a daily basis, have left a lasting impression. I find it hard to imagine someone more perfect for me, than him.

Today I celebrate the two loves of my life. First and forever foremost, My Lord and Precious Savior, with whom none could ever compare. I will love no earthly being more than You... and will continuously strive to set my heart on You before seeking love and affection from another. And second, to the person who, I feel, God may have just made for me... I love you David Shade.

If God Made You

Hey Kid...Your time has come to change
Though I need you more than I've needed anyone in any way tonight
Hey Kid...I know it won't be long
The Captain's calling...come to see you back where we belong

Hey Kid...Do wishes count at all
Can you give me a sign...give me anything I won't tell a soul you told
Hey Kid...Will you hold me when I sleep
Will you find me when the tide decides that I got to leave

Something inside me is breaking
Something inside says there's somewhere better than this...

Sunset sailing on April skies
Bloodshot fire clouds in your eyes
I can't say what I might believe
But if God made you... He's in love with me...


  
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth, for your love is more delightful than wine. Song of Solomon 1:2.

No comments:

Post a Comment