Tuesday, May 24, 2011

with everything I've got...

Lately I have been addressing some areas in my personal life regarding views on my relationship, and the will for my future. I guess we all are in some way, but this has been heavy on my heart and decided to share.

After asking God for some kind of phrase or quote to meditate on for the week, He gave me this:

"You have given everything for me. I owe You nothing less than my life."

so. I've been praying, meditating...thinking about exactly what that meant.

Today I had coffee with a friend. We processed where we had been this time last year. Much to our disillusion we were stunned by just how truly lost we were....
We discussed feeling shameful about others finding out of where we had been, mistakes we had made, places in which we still find ourselves struggling... especially those within the church community. Believe it or not... sometimes finding grace amongst other Christians isn't always as given as it should be...

I have discovered, at least in my life, that without Jesus... I am a very ugly person. I saw just how I could become... and never imagined that I was capable of such offenses...
It demonstrates the true transforming power that Jesus possesses. & therefore without Him... we reflect the innate sinful nature that is within us...

Today I listened to "You Bring" by Hillsong United. The lines were a resounding melody of the truth Jesus had revealed to me earlier in the week:

"And You opened the door for me
And you laid down
Your life to set me free
All that I am will serve You Lord"

....You have given everything.... for me... 
...I owe you nothing less than my life....


I feel like up until this point, I've been picking and choosing. Taking what works for me, implementing that... and then disregarding what doesn't... or setting it off... making an excuse... "getting to that later..."

Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me."
Last time I checked. He gave us 1choice... to follow him... or to not.
If we chose to follow Him... its all or nothing. That is the only option.

What I have discovered is the closer we grow to Jesus, the less difficult it becomes to "pick & chose," for our hearts align more closely to Jesus. Creating Union. In thought, word & deed.
All Scripture is God-breathed 
and is useful for teaching, rebuking, 
correcting and training in righteousness, 
so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped 
for every good work... 2nd Tim 3:16-17

If only we chose to be obedient....


...You have given everything for me. I owe You nothing less than my life....


I heard once that the true beauty of our faith, is that God would allow the ones He loves to become so ugly in wickedness, because He knew how truly beautiful we could be by His grace...

You were near, though I was distant 
disillusioned, I was lost and insecure 
still mercy fought, for my attention 
You were waiting at the door, then I let You in....
This isn't a game. This isn't an attitude. This is not a life style. 

This is an Encounter with the Creator of the Universe.
This is a transformation by the Savior of the World.
A savior who gave everything for you & me.
We owe Him nothing less, than our lives... entirely.... <3
with everything I've got... my heart will sing, how I love You....

No comments:

Post a Comment