Friday, July 15, 2011

& So you shall, my dear AllieBoo

It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.
These things are completely and utterly true of Ms. Allison George.

I have had the pleasure of knowing Allie now for about 7 years now. I first met her back in the day of Mount De Sales (yes I did attend a small catholic all girls high school for two years....) & our friendship began through a small introduction through a mutual friend and evolved through an art class that we both had together. Ah artsie folk... <3
who are we here?

Allie has been the friendship that has wandered in and out of my life, mainly due to crazy circumstances and things keeping us busy constantly. But somehow through the busiest seasons of our lives, we never ever lose a single beat. 

For a long long time, I can honestly admit, that I held Allie to such a higher standard than a lot of people I knew. I saw her as someone that just, was so filled with Christ & truth, that there was no way on this earth she'd be able to understand my struggles and my major short comings. I kept my life as glossy as I could for her, in hopes that she would always remain that positive influence on my life, even when I was most, as I felt, undeserving. 
I learned not to long ago, that yes my dear friend was filled with Christ & truth, to the fullest... thereby making her none of things that I had created her to be. Finally walls were broken down in our friendship. She could see my destitution for what it really had been & the kicker was, I could see hers. I was able to see her humanness, her struggles, her weaknesses... & all it did was reinforce my belief, that Allie George is one of THE most beautiful women on this earth...
Allie wakes up daily with a heart after the Lord. She has followed His will for her life to the greatest of her ability. She proclaims love, she does not judge, she is gentle, she radiates joy & resides in peace. Being around Allie, I always catch glimpses of Heaven. She truly reflects the ultimate joy and love that only Christ can give us in this life, when we draw near to Him. She is infectious. & truly is kind to everyone she meets. She is rarity in this world. & I am so blessed to have walked so closely with this young woman. 
Today. Today is her birthday. My birthday wish for you is that you spend this year living full out for you!! This is YOUR YEAR! The year of discovery. It can be what-ev-er you wish it to be! You have worked so hard to allow yourself this time and space. Go explore, travel, take a million pictures, see life, breathe in a new surrounding, sit in a park, have a picnic, paint, cry, laugh, eat! Make this year, a year to remember... make this year... the beginning of the rest of your life. You've have left a lasting impression on my heart, more than you'll ever know.
Allie once to told me that if nothing else, she wanted to live a legacy...
& So you shall, my dear AllieBoo..... & so you shall... <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment