Thursday, October 20, 2011

to you, David Shade.

"Life is full of people who will make you laugh, cry, smile until your face hurts, and so happy that you think you'll burst. But the ones who leave their footprints on your soul are the ones that keep your life going." --Natalie Bernot


Today is a very special day.

Today, is my boyfriend David's birthday. 
The cool thing is, not only is David my boyfriend, but he is also & not limited to;
a dreamer, a philosopher, a music man, a film maker, a genuine hearted, giving, gentle, gifted, wandering heart, hard working, dedicated, determined, strong minded, at times hard headed, but none the less fair, understanding, ear to lend, hand to hold, warm embrace, hilarious, introverted extrovert, hopeful, ever truth seeking, sweetest, person that I know. 
He is my best friend. 

All night long,
I looked for the one my heart loves; 
I looked for him but did not find him. 
I will get up now and go about the city, 
I will search for the one my heart loves. Song of Solomon 3:1-2

The truth is this. I have met, spent time with, known, cared for, even loved, other guys throughout my life. David is a person that after I met, I couldn't forget. Didn't want to forget. & knew was someone very different than anyone else I had ever encountered. I had to get to know this guy.
I can't believe its been over a year now since our paths intertwined and we decided to try out this whole shebang. But I must say, David has played a tremendous part of why this year is my favorite year to date.
David came into my life just when things were drastically changing. Being in the midst of my emotional and spiritual journey of realization, fear, surrender, searching & anticipation has been no easy task. I am sure there have been many days where I have been mistaken as a monster person, & still, David provides endearing support, strength, inspiration, encouragement, and of course, smiles, laughter, & companionship.
I think what I love most about him is his passion for leading others into worship. Being such a gifted drummer, one would think there would be a slight sense of self proclamation. Perhaps even an ounce of pride? No. not this one. He completely wishes to be his best, for the purpose of allowing others to meet with Jesus. I am so proud of his endless heart of serving, and the hard work he has put into launching a new college age ministry, centered around worship, at our church. But mostly, of his humility. 
No matter how many times I didn't (don't) want to hear it, try to fight it, not sure how to handle it, etc, David will always point me back to the only place worth starting- to Jesus. I am forever grateful for his deep love for the Lord. 
David- today is a gift. a gift to your family, to your friends, both here, & in heaven, to those who you may not even realize. to me. Your life is truly a gift from God, to us all. I am so blessed to know you, let alone be loved by you. This year is quickly coming to a close. I hope you can reflect on all you have accomplished this year. You have matured so much, and just are continuously moving forward towards to the Lord. I am so proud of you. Don' be discouraged if you haven't figured it all out. Who has really? lol. Just keep trusting, keep searching, keep trying, and don't be afraid to fail. But more than anything, keep faithfulness & love for others at the forefront of all you do, & God will surely bless that. 
The world is at your feet. 
Just follow your heart. 

Happy Birthday,
the one who loves your heart. <3


"I found the one my heart loves. 

I held him and would not let him go...." Song of Solomon 3:4

No comments:

Post a Comment