Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Here.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."


For as long as I can remember now, I have quoted that silly line from the poem, The Walrus and The Carpenter... however I first heard it through the 90s Nickelodeon movie, Harriet the Spy, who pretty much everyone I have met has told me I resemble...
Despite its goofy verbage, the poem alludes to discernment. And simply begins by stating, the time has come, for discernment.
The past two weeks have been anything but ordinary. Facing quite a few obstacles, some expected, others not so much, I have found myself in great need of escape. 
I always feel that God provides me said time and place just at the opportune moment. I felt as though my journey to Haiti back in August was just the first of the many places God would take me, in order to speak to me what could only be heard in such a circumstance. I love how whenever I experience unrest, He allows a way out of my restlessness....
this pic is totally happening
Friday morning I will be heading to the city of Tampa, another corner of the world I have yet to see. And once again I find myself leaving with a burdened heart, full of wonder, and uncertainty for what lies ahead in the coming year. Once again, I will trust there is an answer is waiting for me in this place. Sometimes by stepping out of familiarity, some thing you have known all along will become more readily apparent. 
There are things I miss. things I want differently. things I am grateful for. things I am waiting for. things I want to change. & things I hope never change. But all of it, I simply must let go of for now. To leave it here and seek clarity. Nothing that I'm sure the sun & sand can't fix...
I know God has given me new mercy this week. I also know there is new mercy waiting for me tomorrow morning. And despite every single desire of my heart & every hope that may reside there... The time has come, to simply be. & so I will.


The time has come....
 It is here. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment