Thursday, March 29, 2012

& I, find myself here... again

"There are those whose lives affect all others around them. Quietly touching one heart, who in turn touches another. Reaching out to ends further than they would ever know."- William Bradfield

Today's entry is short and all too sweet. Through out this week I have been simply humbled over and over, again and again, by the way that God uses our stories. How he has allow(s/ed) us to undergo a circumstance that may seem trying or crushing or even gut wrenching - and by us simply sharing our experience, another person benefits.

Having the ability to look back and be able to sit with someone who is currently experiencing something you once did, therefore allowing you to share insight or support, is God making something beautiful out of something that is not. Or that's how I feel at least..

Last night I got to sit down and share my testimony with two ladies who have sought after having me come speak to a small group of middle/high school girls. They wanted me to share with them things that I had been through in order to potential help these young girls who may be currently facing the same hardships that I did.

It was all too humbling. 

When I think back to those darker days. When hope seemed dim and my world seemed small... All of the pain and scars and insecurities... To know that a few years later, a testimonial would be in place to shine light on those dark areas of life, not to just one... but to many young people.... Is something that I would enter into all over again... just for such an outcome..
We will overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the Word of our Testimony.

Such words couldn't ring truer. Jesus is the healer of all dark corners. Of shames and sorrows. And He sets us free from old ways of living by grace undeserving and all surpassing...


...but I think what really sets us free... is the sharing of our story... the documenting... the vocalizing... 
It demonstrates the severing of an old life... a history. No longer present tense... It allows others to see what Jesus overcame in us. And hope spreads like a raging virus to those who are searching and seeking...
Your words have power. Your story demonstrates new life.

I wanted to encourage you today that if given the opportunity, to share with some one the trying times of your life and faith... and How God brought you through it... Maybe you are in that process right now... and He may seem very far from you... friend I smile and rejoice, because you are right smack dab in the middle of a great story unfolding. Hold on to hope. Take courage. And believe that all things are possible through His mighty hands.

In sharing, often times I find that those who receive my words, bless my heart far greater than I bless theirs. God is good. He is so good.

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because the world needs people who have come alive."- Howard Thurman

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, Sweet Lindsey. Your words are true and full of love. I'm blessed to meet a girl like you and I can't wait to see the Lords promises unravel before our eyes. Have a beautiful Thursday!
    With all the Love He's given me,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete