Sunday, June 10, 2012

a personal peek into my gratitude

I am grateful for what I have
My thanksgiving is perpetual...
O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches.
No run on my bank can drain it
for my wealth is not possession, but enjoyment. Henry David Thoreau.

For most of my blogging journey, I blog about my insecurities or strife, struggles & uncertainties. Yet, ever so often I find it most necessary to write down my present joys and gratitude. June has been off to an amazing start, and I have felt overwhelmed with encouragement, despite resurgent worries or discouragements. I decided to make this one very personal. :)  


1. Rehobeth.
my mother and I recently ventured off to the unexplored land of Rehobeth, DE. I found it hard to believe that despite the many trips I've taken to Ocean City, just 20 miles south of Rehobeth, I had never been to what was one of the coolest and quaintest communities. I was blessed by a California king sized bed, fantastic food, morning prayer time on the beach, and some much needed quality time with my mama. I believe I cherished our laughter most. Any time spent with my mom is sacred time... she is my greatest advocate. Rehobeth was our escape. The trip was much needed medicine for both of our hearts. I didn't want to come home.




2. The amazing, anointed, and heartfelt community that is my 
church family.
So many times I stop and look at the people who have flooded my life for the past two years, and I am left in awe. I've lived, what, almost 23 years in this community? (UGH, YIKES, DEATH, MANHATTAN.... half kidding....) where WERE these people all of my life? Did I simply walk past them and not notice them? Would I have missed knowing any of them had I not stepped into my church almost 2 years ago? I don't even want to think of it! The Lord has taken many friends out of my life, some for good reason, some that I will never quite know the reason... but if He has not surrounded with some of the truest friendships... I have been beyond blessed by the people the Lord has placed to walk alongside of me in this season of life; younger, older, male, female. All broken people, all loved by God. All people who want nothing else but to know Jesus more. 
Now for those of you who know me well, I was never the bible study girl. I didn't do "women's" anything. Girls weekends... women's retreats or gatherings... or the worst.... Ladies tea?!?!... no thank you. - However- I decided to give this bible study a chance... I figured how bad could it really be?...
& once again, God blew my feeble mind with goodness. I have been so blessed by my bible study ladies. I have been showered by laughter, prayer, encouragement & above all else, challenge. We have just begun a new study on the life of David that will carry us into late August. I am so excited to be on this journey with them...
(( + a few more ladies who are not in the pictures... I have no forgotten you...!<3))
 To my sweet friends & church family... thank you for loving me for me. For every single quirk and imperfection. You have demonstrated Jesus to me & have left a lasting impression on my heart.

3. Patience. 
     Wait verb \ˈwāt\ : to stay in place in expectation
Something that I have been challenged with lately by my dear friend Chelsea is expectation in waiting on the Lord to make movement. To not simply be walking through life allowing time to pass or living for myself or trying to make my dreams happen. But to be waiting patiently, trusting in full confidence that the Lord will reveal himself to me. To be earnestly seeking & presently reminded of His relentless pursuit of my heart. Some days, that just has to be enough. The calling of my life may not be unveiled to me when I wish it to be... but it does not mean that the Lord does not already have it for me. It may seem commonplace to you... but this is daily struggle of mine... to be expectant and trusting that the Lord has something for me... and it will be revealed in His perfect time... in the mean while I will be waiting, soaking up the opportunities that lay before the passing months, days, even moments... I am beyond grateful for His perfect timing... & that it's really not up to me after all... #patientlywaiting
Wait for the LORD; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD. Psalm 37:9 
4. All that awaits me.

The following weeks & months ahead, I believe, will be filled with some of the greatest joys I can foresee. I finally have been blessed with a new car, which I am picking up tomorrow! This will allow me to finally make the step in moving out of my home... although this is a bittersweet process, I am looking forward to the scary, yet empowering step into adulthood as I gain a new journey & two amazing ladies as sisters & roommates :) (if you will). I will be spending the end of June on the Outer banks of North Carolina with my beloved David & his dear family.
July is filled with photo shoots & weddings... leading right up to one of my best friend's wedding, who's getting married in early August. & as I head into the fall, thus begins planning and praying for my journey to Ethiopia. For all that lies ahead of me... in 2012... & for all of my days... I am blessed.
...Just having you follow along my life with me, is a joy in itself.... 
I am grateful. I am thankful. Praise be to Jesus.
As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily.  The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world.  ~Terri Guillemets

No comments:

Post a Comment