Sunday, November 28, 2010

hey devil, go home. I don't need you.

So. This week for me was all about fighting the guy on the left. Pretty ugly isn't he? I can not even begin to describe how hard the past two weeks have been for me spiritually. Despite the fact that I feel like I have this new awareness with God, the presence of the devil in my life feels even stronger. I suppose that when I wasn't walking closely to God, I was just consumed in it, so it felt like normal, or typical? But now that I am striving so fervently away from my old self, I feel as though the devil tries harder to hurt me. I think he simply wants to reek havoc in my life, and to those around me. I mean just turn on the news or pick up today's paper. It is evident the devil is at work in this world.

In John 10:10, Jesus says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." Seek. Kill. Destroy... his existence is solely to attempt to pull me away from goodness, away from all that is Jesus. he wants me to feel defeated... and I believe he ultimately wants me to blame God for the pain and chaos in my life...he wants you to blame God for the pain and chaos in yours.

I think that if we can put a face on the one that seeks to destroy our hearts, he becomes less threatening. If we can truly stand in confidence knowing that our Lord has already won, and that he stands no chance in succeeding over our lives...together with Christ's strength, I believe we can overtake this evil doer... I believe that eventually, I can beat these struggles within myself that he tries so desperately to bring to the forefront. All I can say friends, is that he is not sleeping... and neither should we. Pray hard for God's strength and presence in our lives. & let us faithfully know that Jesus Christ our Lord has won the battle over him. Be guarded. Be ready. & Be at peace.


"I'll just be strong and keep knowing, that now I will overtake you."

2 comments:

  1. Just remember that we can do nothing apart from God...the way to win is to surrender to Jesus and the victory is already inevitable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey this is really powerful and beautiful. I'm so glad I read it. What stood out to me at church on Sunday was that we must "stay awake" and what you said about "he is not sleeping... and neither should we" is just another wake up call! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete