Friday, December 24, 2010

It's always winter, but never Christmas...

Due to the madness that will take place over the next 24 hours, I decided to write my Christmas blog today. As always, Christmas crept up again without much preparation. I find myself always wanting to enjoy the days coming, that time would simply slow down during these days. This year I think it went the fastest. I think with the hectic and chaotic pace of the world, it's almost impossible to move slowly. Everyone's rushing, everyone's got somewhere to be, everyone's talking to everyone about rushing. Tis the season to be jolly, and joyful, peaceful... Yet I can't help but see frustration, tension, stress, madness... Taking a step back, where is this coming from? Why are we so tense? Because we have to shop? Get to the grocery store, send the cards, get the perfect gift... spend spend spend...plan plan plan.... Are we stressing out preparing to celebrate His birth? Or are we getting stressed to celebrate ourselves, eachother...? All of our stress isn't really in regards to Jesus... and this is His day after all isn't it? And I'm pretty postive He wouldn't want His day to be rushed, or stressed, or tense....

I feel like if we are rushing, we will miss the beauty that is coming in the next few hours. I wonder if the wise men rushed to the manager. Did they disreguard the beauty of the morning star? Did they pass by the needs of others along their journey? Did they spend hours agonizing over the "perfect" gifts for Jesus? Or did they simply stop, and breathe... and take in what was happening before them.

Here it is: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not die, but have eternal life." This may be the most renown verse of all... but it is the essence of Christmas. God gave us the gift of Jesus Christ, to save us all from our sins and certain death. This is, and will always be the only sufficient gift. And our gift to Jesus should be nothing less than an open heart.

The next few hours are coming quickly. We can make of them what we chose, however, my hope for you is that you find an hour or moment, to recall why we are all spending this day in celebration. This day is not about our gains or obligations met. It is, and will always be about Him & what He gave for us. He was born to die, for you & me. His love is endless. My prayer for you tonight is that you pause, look to the sky, and feel peace, knowing that you are infinitely loved. Merry Christmas :)

& I, I celebrate that day, that You were born to die... so I could one day pray for You to save my life.... Pray for You to save my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment