Monday, February 20, 2012

Lead Us Back...

Falling down upon our knees,
sharing now in common shame...
we have sought security.
Not the cross, that bears Your name...
This entry has been brewing a bit. Complacency has been a common theme that seems to appear and reappear on my radar as of late. The idea of resting in "comforts" or what I have come to believe, selling out to what feels safe. It's something that I have daily battled. Something that has become a frequent apparency. Something that I now will challenge you with, as I have been so challenged by.

If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity. CS Lewis. 


As a proclaimed Christian person, and a fairly new follower of Jesus (yes there is a difference, it has taken me forever to understand that) I believe the greatest question that I contemplate on a daily basis, sometimes all day long is this: What is the purpose of my life? 


Heavy right? You know it.


We (my church) just recently finished an intense 5 week study of the book of Romans all in which discusses and reveals the Lord's intent for mankind: Salvation and Life abundantly through Jesus Christ. But through out the series I was attentive to the times in which I heard "content" "comfortable" and "complacency" ((these are my 3 avoidance words, if you haven't discovered yet through past blogs))



My pastor said something that really got my attention. He said, "By belief in the Lord Jesus, alone, we are saved. Will there be some who abuse this? Yes. Will there be some believers who simply accept the free gift the Lord has given them, and yet do nothing for the glory of His Kingdom with it? Yes. Will there be some who live their lives in their comforts, securities and safe havens (better put, for themselves) and do their best to stay there until they are called home? Yes... Yes. "


Fences guard our hearts and homes.
Comfort sings a siren tune.
We're a valley of dry bones.
Lead us back... to life in You....
 I have wrestled with this on and on for months! Seriously I can not seem to shake that the Lord is trying His best to convey this message to me strongly. I have found myself becoming frustrated with those who are incredibly gifted by our Lord Jesus, but allowing their gifts to lie stagnant because they are too busy focused on the simpleness and surfaceness of day to day. I have battled this out in myself! This is a real and true struggle. The moment we think we have everything going for us, I am certain the enemy has us exactly where he wants us. Blinded. Comfortable. Stagnant. 

..If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus as Savior, 
than His Spirit dwells with in you...
How can we let that lie dormant? How can the greatness of such a remarkable truth not keep us awake at night wondering...?


What is YOUR purpose in life? 
What has God uniquely equipped you and only you to do? 
What are you letting lie that you should be pursuing wholeheartedly? 
What are you afraid you'll lose if you follow after it? 

I feel like if we do not become attentive quickly, we will miss the entire point. 


I am convinced that the Lord Jesus Christ did not step down from His throne in Heaven, become man, dwelt among us, bled and died to save us from sin and certain death, so that you and I could be surface and simple. 


The Lord is rich in kindness and love, therefore He bestows upon us undeserved blessings beyond our wildest dreams. But where would we be without those blessings? Safe havens. Comforts. 


Have we missed that all we really need, all that really matters is Him?....


.....I can't settle for this.


"People do not drift toward growth and discipline. We tend to drift toward complacency. Fight" -LeCrae
He has something marvelous in store for all of us. He has placed with in you something sacred. Something only YOU can accomplish in this life. I urge you to search your heart to find it. Do not miss this in a world that is filled with fleeting ideas of what this life's about. 


This is my heart for us all, that we do not lose sight, lose heart.
I just felt the need to share it with you tonight. 
Love and prayers go with you. 


"You are Sons of light. Daughters of Day. So let's not sleep walk through life like others. Let's keep our eyes open. Gently encourage the stragglers- reach out to the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. Look for the best in each other, and always do your best to bring it out. Build up hope, so you'll be together in this. No one left out. No one left behind."
1 Thessalonians: 5-14
Lead us back, to Life in You....

No comments:

Post a Comment