Monday, January 24, 2011

my heart is open.. so take it: The Purpose Driven Life; week one

I decided I would post weekly regarding the PDL rather than daily. That way the whole week would be encompassing. Plus getting a week's worth of knowledge in one post seems far more invigorating :).

Ok so:

Day 2: You are No Accident

Point to Ponder: I am not an accident
Verse: "I am your Creator. You were in my care before you were born." Isaiah 44:2
Question to Consider: I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?
Day 3: What Drives Your Life?

Point to Ponder: Living on purpose is the path to peace
Verse: "You, Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in You." Isaiah 26:3
Question to Consider: What would my family and friends say is the driving force in my life? What do I want it to be?

Day 4: Made to Last Forever

Point to Ponder: There is more to life than just here and now
Verse: "This world is fading away, along with everything it craves. But if you do the will of God, you will live forever." 1 John 2: 17
Question to Consider: Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?
Day 5: Seeing Life from God's View

Point to Ponder: Life is a test and a trust
Verse: "Unless you are faithful in small matters, you won't be faithful in large ones." Luke 16:10
Question to Consider: What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God? What are the greatest matters God has entrusted in me?

Day 6: Life is a Temporary Assignment

Point to Ponder: This world is not my home.
Verse: "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2nd Corinthians 4:18
Question to Consider: How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way I am living right now?
Day 7: The Reason for Everything

Point to Ponder: It's all for Him
Verse: "For everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by His power, and everything is for His glory." Romans 11:36
Question to Consider: Where in my daily routine can I become more aware of God's glory?

 After spending time reading through each passage, I couldn't help but feel like God was asking a lot of me. I've often thought to myself I don't know if I can surrender every part of my life to Him... that would take too much trust... And besides its me, like what difference can I really make? I'm just as sinful as everyone that I long to reach, how can they look to me as a reflection of You?

Well. as the first entry said... its not about me. and its not about you. It's not about us at all. We were made to serve a purpose. The essence of ourselves, is to serve Him. The end. Through His grace, we are good enough. Through His strength, we are strong enough. And through His plan, we all have a purpose. Don't doubt yourself, don't give into the lies of the world. Most of all.. don't doubt Him. After all, He chose you. He chose me. I pray we can have open hearts to have our lives driven by His amazing purpose for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment