Friday, January 14, 2011

There is More Than Meets the Eye: The Inspiration. The Girls. The Vision.

I have been drawing much inspiration this fall from testimony. I feel that the power of testimony is one of THE most inspiring and genuine ways of witnessing God's great love. I have had the pleasure of getting to know SO many new faces this fall, with joining a new church and so forth. Due to the time in my life, I often compared myself to those around me, and often felt as though I wasn't "as good as, as talented as, as spiritual as, as pretty as (it could go on and on) ______." Essentially, in my weakness, I felt that I was in constant comparison with those around me. What is most exciting is that through that insecurity, I developed a desire for deeper exploration into others. I know for a fact many people often told me that they had perceived me as having it all together, when I absolutely didn't. I became very interested in finding out the potential stories of others. Now, this was no easy task. The girls I asked to be a part of my "vision," for the most part, I didn't know super well. In addition, I asked them to sorta share with me their stories...and in doing so... sorta share it with the world. It was a recipe for uncomfortable, but with God behind it all, it was anything but.....

Tiffany
I have known Tiffany for awhile now, but recently have been getting to know her on a more personal level. She is deff a fighter. She is someone who carries a lot on her shoulders, daily, but wants nothing more at the end of the day to make those around her happy, even if they don't realize it. She is an extremely talented hair stylist who recently got a job at a prestigious salon. My prayer for you babe is that you aren't too hard on yourself. Remember everyone has days that are less than what we hope. Keep searching. Don't doubt you. Keep looking for the good in others. It's your loveliest gift <3.

                                                                                                                                         
Elizabeth
Elizabeth is deff a new friend. Out of all the girls I prob know her the least well, but from the very short time I've been around her, it is obvious this girl is anything but ordinary. She is currently investing much time in auditioning for acting schools across the east coast and devotes large amounts of time to rehearsals, all the while preparing to graduate high school. Girlfriend, it was truly awesome getting a small peek into your goal driven life. My prayer for you is that you can keep your eyes on God through all of it. Keep giving up those big hopes to Him. His plan for you is one of greatness I believe. Thank you for sharing your dreams with me, and with the world. Go get em babe <3

Brooke
Although getting to know Brooke has been anything but typical, I can honestly say she has become someone quite dear to me. She is a freshman at what sounds to be one pretty awesome Christian College studying Ministry, has one of the most outstanding voices I've ever heard, & may just rival me in my undying love of Starbucks. Girlie, my prayer for you is that you continue to find YOU. I am certain that God has big plans for you, especially with that big voice. I hope that you continue to seek true friendships and that God will reveal to you all that you have to offer this world. <3
Jillian
Last, but certainly not least. Of all the girls, I've known Jillian the longest. But it's in the past few months out of the many years I've known her have I truly come to love her dearly. Jillian is finishing up her sophomore year, studying and teaching dance. She is a fabulous dancer. I was most proud of Jillian for being a part of this series. Babe, my prayer for you is that you spend this year investing in yourself. I truly hope that you will come to realize just how much you shine and better yet, just how much more you could. I hope that you will close a chapter in your life and look anxiously towards the next. You are stunning. When God closes one door, He opens another. My prayer baby girl is that you courageously walk through <3.

Girls, Thank you for you allowing me to be a part of what I feel is an experience I'll never forget. You all were very bold and trusting in sharing your stores with everyone and I think in doing so, you've touched and inspired those around you.

If you have not yet seen the series, I encourage you to look through each girls album on facebook and get to know their stories a little bit better.

As an artist, I am always trying to plan new ideas for projects. Although the "notes" I used for the series is not an entirely original idea, I truly want to start exploring ways in which I can make it unique and original. Getting ready to start my final semester of college (gahhhh!) I'm going to continue implementing this concept into my work. I have some new ideas of how I want to display the messages of others... I feel God is calling me to do this. And I can honestly say I am more than ready to see what He does through me. I think this is going to be big....

My hope in reading this is that you will contemplate YOUR story. If you had a message, what would it say? Remember, despite the circumstance, whether it is the greatest joy or the deepest pain, God uses our testimonies to help those around us. I encourage you to share. You may just find strength in those who are listening. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment