Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Beloved. dearly Beloved.

The dearest word to my heart.

As many know, I finally got my first tattoo. The scariest yet most invigorating day of my life ha.
In all seriousness, getting a tattoo, I feel, is not something that should be taken lightly. At least for me. This was something that would essentially become a part of me. Something that couldn't be washed away or would eventually disappear. This was permenant. I knew that I wanted to have one, but I wanted its meaning to be something far beyond just a cultural trend....

It was last summer that I heard the song "Beloved"by Tenth Avenue North. I was in the back seat of my moms car, and it was playing amidst the conversation. It seemed to just be like any other song... until I heard,

"You're My Beloved. Lover I'm yours.
& death shall not part us, it's you I died for.
for better or worse, forever we'll be.
My love, it unites us & It binds you to me.
It's a mystery."

Beloved..... You're My Beloved.... Beloved....

This rang a tune, deep in my heart. Despite the fact that I had heard this word many times before, this time it was different. There was a deeper meaning... a more significant meaning...

Months had passed. And I came across the term once or twice more... again, the same resounding notion of peace... and an erie accord struck with my heart.... I had the opportunity of hearing a song at Aletheia Church, in which the lyrics were,

"I am the Lord your God & you're My Beloved child." - again, the feeling!

What on earth was it with me and this word? I could not help but feel as though it was the name in which God would address me, when I first see Him, face to face.

Wanting to know more about this precious word, I looked "Beloved" up in the bible... get ready!

"Let the Beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rest between His shoulders" Deuteronomy 33:12

"How is your Beloved better than others? most beautiful of women?
How is your Beloved better than others, that you charge us so?....
......My lover is radiant and ruddy, 
outstanding among ten thousand" Song of Songs 5:9-10

"What is My Beloved doing in my temple as she works out her evil schemes with many? Can consecrated meat avert your punishment? When you engage in your wickedness, then you rejoice?" Jeremiah 11:15 {boy did that one pull a heart string}


"Dearly Beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, says the Lord." Romans 12:19 


I know that this has great meaning. I know that God calls not only me, but you as His Beloved. You need to know tonight that God longs to reveal to you His eternal love for you. That He has set you apart. And that He has called You to His purpose. 


I knew as soon as I heard it. I knew that it was it. It was my statement not only to the world, but to myself, that I was finally found. That I finally heard Him calling my name, He was calling me, Beloved. For so long, I just didn't want to hear Him.... <3


"Place Me as a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame." Song of Songs 8:6

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing story behind your tattoo, I love it! I remember the same feeling before I got mine and how scared I was to get it because it is truly there forever! Hopefully yours didn't hurt too much haha :)

    ReplyDelete