Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Year Ago, Today

Walking bents around the park, feeling the amazing warm breeze on my face, I was confronted with the thought of what happened a year ago, today.

The weather, quite opposite than today, was raining and chilly. A misty downpour if I remember correctly. A year ago today I was in a car accident. Although no one was hurt, I did have a momentary loss of coherence and I did have to go the hospital. I won't lie, being put on the stretcher was pretty traumatizing. I think the worst part was that no one would talk to me in the hospital. I remember that all to well. It was like I was an inanimate object. I remember being so scared. 

Believe it or not, the accident was completely symbolic of my life at the time. I was a total car crash. I think that day was the breaking point. I was in a potentially life compromising situation & I'm not even sure if I prayed that day.... goodness. 
My car was totaled. I was totaled. 

Thinking back to that horrible day, that haunted me for months to follow & still affects me when I'm in a car, it seems both incredibly distant and recent at the same time. I can recall almost every detail prior to the cars colliding and every thing at the hospital, yet it feels like it was in another life... 

I think what overwhelms me the most is how much has changed since April 21st, '10. The people I was friends with that day are different. My look on life is different. My attitude is different. Even the weather, is drastically different. I am drastically different. And all for the better, I believe :)

I think sometimes when our lives have become overridden by havoc, and when we have strayed too far off the path that God set out for us, sometimes the only way He can catch our attention, is through something as drastic, devastating and impressionable as a car crash. At least it had to be that way for me.

Today, however April 21st '11, is off to a good start. It is glorious out, despite my allergies. This afternoon, I am heading to Salisbury, MD to spend Easter weekend with my best friend Cristina. A weekend of homework-mastering, clarity, and celebrating the holiest day of the year with one of my dearest friends seems like a great idea.
I also find it amusing that one month from this day, May 21st, I will be graduating college. One month til graduation?..... It just doesn't seem real.

Today I am celebrating April 21st. A day that marks great change, great joy, and great anticipation for things to come ... <3

JOB 33:26  He prays to God and finds favor with him, he sees God's face and 
shouts for joy; he is restored by God to his righteous state.

No comments:

Post a Comment