Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I rebuke you. for you have no hold over me

I know that it may be considered, "cautious" to some to speak of the devil. But here is the very real truth. he, is a very real truth. And a truth that exists to solely seek, kill and destroy each one of us, relentlessly.

It is quite strange, that as we draw closer to God, the devil seeks us more rapidly than before. I truly believe he delights in watching Christians fall above all others, because we carry the mark of Christ within us. How joyful for him to delight in our weaknesses, when we drag Christ's cross through the mud.                                 
he possess an ability to enter into those lonely corners of our human self.. in which he can grab a hold of the desires that we try our best to abstain from... or run from ... or push from our minds... yet still exist. There is where he finds his foothold. There, in those places of doubt that exist in our hearts, he clings to and pours lies into us, with great fervor. For our defeat is his one and only conquest. 24 hours a day 7 days a week, for a life time. he is not sleeping friends. he is constantly waiting. constantly seeking. constantly attempting to destroy. destroy. destroy. 

oh he knows too well where I fall. what causes a bitter heart and a contrite spirit in me. he knows that I compare myself to girls who God designed differently than me. not better or worse. but differently. he twists my arm. and nearly breaks it off in hope for me to convince myself that they are better. that I am undesired. that I am not good enough. that I am defined by a number on a scale. by a pant size. he knows my great fatigue from long hours exhausted in academia. he tells me this is pointless, worthless, that time is wasting, that i no longer have strength to push onward even when the end is but days a way. he creates a feeling that it is never ending. he lies and eggs on my frustrations. he knows that my flesh is weak. and that the desires of my heart are not always the purest. and that I long for intimacy. he tells me that its ok to cave. that its acceptable. he whispers that its not that big of a deal. that i'll never be married, so what's the point trying to wait. there will never be a person for me in my future. he tells me to just do what i want whenever i want when i want. he knows the most bitter part of my heart: a broken relationship with an individual whom should serve as one of my greatest advocates. but instead is a constant example of what I never want to be. he breathes bitterness and a hard heart for this person. he tells me i don't have to forgive them. that i can't. that i've been too hurt to forgive the wrongs that they have done to me. that they aren't worth my forgiveness. he encourages hatred. and delights in when i crack and break and lose control. he delights in provocation. he delights. he delights.

Jesus himself, experienced the devil attempting to break his strength and focus... and used one of his greatest allies to do so. When Jesus explained to his disciples that he would be condemned to death and then raise on the third day,
"Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Get behind me Satan. 
Get behind me Satan.
Get behind me Satan.
GET BEHIND ME SATAN. for you have NO hold over me.

Friends, stand with me tonight. Do not lose heart. I come before you as your complete equal. I tell you this truth. the devil is a very real truth. But there is not greater truth than Jesus Christ. He has defeated Satan. and HIS SPIRIT LIVES IN US! Take back your strength. Take up your cross. And know that Jesus Christ holds it with you! He will come up under you and give you strength beyond your wildest dreams. Believe! Lord Jesus I pray for whoever is reading this, that they will know that they have YOUR heart inside of them. & that through You, they can conqueror every lie that the devil relentlessly tells them. Oh Lord Jesus, You delivered me in my darkest hour, when the devil laughed at my demise. There in that glorious hour, You cried out GET BEHIND ME SATAN. & so he did. And chains were broken. And I was set free. And old ways disappeared. And a steadfast heart was placed in me. And Lord, nights like tonight, when he tries again.... I praise You for what You have already done. So that every night like tonight Lord, I can rise again. and again. and again. Under Your great wings.... Under Your Great Wings....

Friend. Tonight know, that our flesh is weak... but God will never, ever, fail. & satan will never, ever win... for he is behind us.... and we are free...

“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” Matt 16:28

& I may be weak. But Your Spirit's strong in me... 
& my flesh may fail... but my God, You Never Will

No comments:

Post a Comment